That's seriously it. I mean, obviously you can go further. But the recipe I'm sharing today produces tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs that are packed with the smoky, barbecue flavor of summer.
I think the greatest thing about these ribs is the advance baking. You can make a ton of slabs up in advance if you're throwing a bbq party, and then glaze and turn them all pretty and sticky in mere moments once everybody gets hungry.
Barbecue Ribs (simple and tender)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
Keywords: bake grill entree pork July 4th Labor Day tailgating game day American summer
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 5 pounds baby back pork ribs (approx. 2 racks at 2.5 pounds each)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons smoked sea salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated brown sugar (or regular brown sugar)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of your favorite Barbecue Sauce + more as needed
Preheat oven to 350° F. Place each rack of ribs on a double layer of (or a single layer of heavy duty) foil.
Stir together the ingredients for the rub, then rub it all over the ribs.
Wrap each rack individually. Set on a baking sheet.
Bake the ribs until they are very tender, but not falling apart, ~1-3/4 to 2 hours. Very carefully unwrap them.
Lift the foil parcel (rib and all) and carefully pour all of the juices that have accumulated in the foil into a heatproof cup or bowl, then repeat with second rib; cover and refrigerate. When the ribs have cooled, rewrap the in foil and refrigerate until you're ready to start the grill.
Start a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill (or heat gas grill to high). Whisk the barbecue sauce into your reserved juices (and fat).
Grill the ribs, basting them with the barbecue sauce mixture and turning often, until they are heated through, nicely lacquered, and charred in spots (develop that bark!), 7-10 minutes.
Transfer to a cutting board and cut between ribs to separate. Serve with extra barbecue sauce, if desired.
-inspired by these ribs at Bon Appetit
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Margaritas from The Messy Baker
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
- BBQ Stuffed Calimari from Jane's Adventure in Dinner
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Easy Fruity Salad from Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques' Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mango Peanut Slaw from The Texan New Yorker
- Mom's Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby's Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- BBQ Stuffed Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S'mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Lemon Ricotta Bars from The Foodie Army Wife
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- S'mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.