by Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez / Saturday, February 22, 2014
Tamarind Margarita + 24 more Margarita recipes for National Margarita Day!
Today just so happens to be a National holiday, one that I take very seriously, National Margarita Day. I'd throw a party in honor of it, complete with a concoct-your-own-Margarita Bar, if I had the space. Or the ability to fly all of my friends and family to a toasty beach to spend the day.
While I may not have the ability to do that (yet), I can invite my friends over for a virtual party to celebrate National Margarita Day! And hey, that's almost as good. Maybe even better (minus the no toasty beach part) since it's like a boozy potluck. Everybody is bringing a different type of margarita. Some traditional cocktails, either on the rocks or frozen; some margarita-infused food to
Casa Noble tequila has been my favorite since the first time I tried it (I've said it before and I'll say it again). So, might I recommend setting it out on your bar, or using it in your own kitchen to celebrate the holiday?
When trying to decide what sort of margarita to use my Casa Noble in, I kept leaning towards something with a Mexican twist. Something along the lines of some of my favorite Mexican candies: little pots of sweet and tangy tamarindo, tamarindo lollies coated in a layer of spicy powdered chiles, sweetened tamarindo pulp studded with smooth seeds and rolled in chile. I love the way they assault my taste buds.
Tamarindo may not be the prettiest flavor on the planet (and it only takes a glance at the long brown pods to compare their looks to something else), but I love it all the same. It's tangy and acidic, and it pairs oh-so-perfectly with sweet and/or spicy additions. And then add good tequila. Worthy of a National holiday.
- 4 fluid ounces Casa Noble Tequila (or your favorite)
- 4 fluid ounces Agua de Tamarindo
- 2 fluid ounces Licor 43
- 1 fluid ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- coarse salt
- ground chile chipotle or chile piquin
Remember that I mentioned inviting my friends over to celebrate? Well, here's how we're celebrating National Margarita Day 2014...
- Blackberry Margarita from Cooking for My Peace of Mind
- Chili Lime Margarita from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chocolate Margaritas from The Texan New Yorker
- Creamsicle Margaritas from Savvy Eats
- Frozen Mango Margarita from Noshing with the Nolands
- Lilikoi Margarita with Li Hung Mui from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Margaritas Gone Wild from Delaware Girl Eats
- Mixed Berry Margarita from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Mom's Wicked Margarita from Desserts Required
- Pomegranate Margarita from Daily Dish Recipes
- Spicy Raspberry Frozen Margarita from The Weekend Gourmet
- Tamarind Margaritas from girlichef
- The Great Grapefruit Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Tim G's Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Baked Margarita Chicken Wings from Healthy. Delicious.
- Chambord Margarita Macarons from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Margarita Cake with Sugar Cookie Crust from Gotta Get Baked
- Margarita Cheesecake Bars from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Margarita Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Margarita Donuts from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Margarita Mousse from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Margarita Shrimp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Margarita Shrimp Tacos from Supper for a Steal
- Strawberry Margarita Sweet Rolls from The Dutch Baker's Daughter
- Top Shelf (Margarita) Truffles from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
As mentioned above, I received a complementary bottle of Casa Noble tequila to use in my National Margarita Day festivities. All opinions stated in this post are my own.
Michiana-based food, drink, and travel writer with a fondness for garlic, freshly baked bread, stinky cheese, single malt Scotch, and Mexican food—who believes that immersing herself in different cultures one bite at a time is the best path to enlightenment.