It's gonna be an all wings kinda celebration today! Baked wings, fried wings, grilled wings...marinated wings, breaded wings, sticky wings. WINGS! I'm not sure what started the craving, but it may have been these Sticky-Sweet Caribbean Wings. They were just so ridiculously good that I was sad when they were gone. Ever since, I've been pinning wings like a madwoman, pulling out old saved recipes, and writing down ideas for new flavors of my own.
But you know what? I don't think my family is going to mind. We can smash numerous pounds of wings in one sitting between the five of us.
So tell me, what is your favorite way to make wings? And please leave a link - I have to build up my board. I'm prepping for an all-wings-all-the-time-party, remember?
Chinese Barbecue Wings
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: roast appetizer entree chicken honey ginger Super Bowl game day tailgating Chinese American
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- neutral oil
- sea or kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste (or grated ginger)
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chile flakes, optional (or to taste)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- a smattering of sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet or two with foil, and then smear a thin coat of oil onto the foil.
Cut the tips off of the wings (save them in the freezer for making stock), then cut them in half at the joint. Line them up on the baking sheet(s), leaving some space between each; sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
Slide into preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and golden and the meat is cooked through (at least 165° F).
When the chicken is almost done, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce (add the crushed red chiles if you want heat, otherwise, it's mild) in a small pot and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
When the wings are done, transfer them to a large bowl. Pour the hot sauce over them, and toss to coat. Serve, with the green onion and sesame seeds sprinkled over the top if you're using them.
-adapted from Food Network Magazine Jan/Feb 2013 (insert)Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks is our host, and she's pulled together all of these amazing Super Eats (because tonight is the Super Bowl) for us this week.
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu's Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma's Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida's Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin' Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian "Chorizo" and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S'mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.