It's really amazing to me the things that have come about in my life since I joined Sunday Supper. First and foremost, I believe in the mission. Spending time around the family table with our family can start on Sunday, but extends into every day life. It's more than just a movement, it's a way of life. A time to connect and share, laugh and sometimes even cry, enjoy food and make memories.
I have participated in 70 Sunday Suppers and hosted 4 times, and I was recently named Editor-in-Chief of the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine (!!).I've met so many amazing people because of it, as well. Yes, many of them I only know through our time together on the internet, but I had the pleasure of not only meeting many in person at the Food and Wine Conference last summer, but also dining with, rooming with, drinking with, laughing with, and giving/getting a good hug from them also. These include Isabel, Renee, Karen (roomie), Amy, Cindy, Carla (roomie #2), Susan, Nicole, Lane, Kim...and surely I'm forgetting somebody (I'm sorry - just yell at me). But not only did I meet Sunday Supper friends, I met other friends from the food blogging world like Lora, Chef Dennis, Betsy, and Pam to name a few. I hope that I get to hug all of them again AND meet even more of the Sunday Supper family this summer.
The Not So Cheesy Kitchen). She has become a great friend, and someone that I can talk to, laugh with, and joke with on an almost daily basis. Bea was recently chosen to attend a special gala in New York City by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, and given the opportunity to take a guest. It blew me out of the water when she asked if I would be that guest! So, not only am I going to an awesome gala in New York City (first time!) in just over a week's time, I get to hang out with Bea in real life.
The Sunday Supper Movement has become more than just a group of people, they've become my extended family. It really is true that great things happen when you sit around the family table like we do every week. Sitting at the "head" of our table is one of the most generous and caring ladies you will ever meet, Sunday Supper founder, Isabel (aka Family Foodie). I truly believe that people come into (and go out of) our lives for a reason, and I am so happy that all of these people are in mine.
So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNDAY SUPPER - I brought cocktails! No party is complete without the cocktails. And it's no surprise that Susan (I distinctly remember discussing cocktails with you at the conference, Susan) is also bringing cocktails. No wonder we get along. Cheers to the first two years, and to many more years and experiences to come.
Key Lime Pie Martinis
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Keywords: beverage nut-free soy-free alcohol limes vodka Easter Mothers Day birthday American
Ingredients (2 small martinis)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- superfine sugar, optional
- 1 sheet of graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1.5 ounce key lime juice
- 1.5 ounce vodka
- 1.5 ounce Licor 43
Place 1/4 cup of heavy cream into a small jar along with a big pinch or two of superfine sugar, if you like. Shake like crazy until it turns into whipped cream; set aside.
Put the graham cracker sheet into a baggie and roll over it with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs. If using, toss with toasted coconut. Pour onto a small saucer.
Pour the remaining tablespoon of heavy cream into another small saucer.
Upend two martini glasses and dip the rims into the saucer of cream. Next dip them into the saucer of crumbs. Set aside.
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add key lime juice, vodka, and Licor 43; shake until cold.
Strain cold martini into prepared glasses. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni's Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma's Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S'mores Snack Cake from Alida's Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.