by Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez / Sunday, December 29, 2013
Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding #SundaySupper
Definition of resolute: firm, unwavering. It's a "do it, or else" sort of commitment. It's like you're setting yourself up for failure. Are things really meant to be set in stone?
And then there is a goal. Definition of goal: an aim or desired result. It's more of a "work your hardest until you are able to reach it" sort of attitude. It conjures up images of success and hard work.
But my goals for 2014 are simple.
1. Move more.
2. Add more healthy meals to our everyday routine.
Notice how I didn't say I'm running x-amount of miles every day and going on a diet. If I made those resolutions, I would surely fail. Especially since the only reason that I run is if I'm being chased. So, power-walking x-amount of miles every day then...
Plus, YUM. This breakfast pudding is lightly sweet and vanilla-tinged, and I love that you can switch up the fruit with the seasons. Plus, the added crunch and earthiness of toasted almonds adds a satisfying texture component.
Here's to goals in 2014!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- big pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups fruit, like a combination of mandarin orange segments and pomegranate arils (see note at bottom)
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Snowman Eggnog Pancakes from Shockingly Delicious
- Baked Oatmeal from In The Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding from girlichef
- Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Popcorn from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Moroccan Cigars from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Baked Camembert with Caramel and Pecans from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pancetta & Goat Cheese Crostinis from Country Girl in the Village
- New Year's Brezel from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Glazed Snickerdoodle Bars with Walnuts from Pies and Plots
- Champagne Shrimp and Pasta from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Minestrone Any Way from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pecan-Crusted Rainbow Trout from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Mushroom Risotto from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Zapiekanka (Polish 'pizza') from Curious Cuisiniere
- Hoppin' John for Good Luck from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Italian Vegetable Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken stuffed with Mozzarella and Prosciutto from Family Foodie
- Black-Eye Pea and Greens Casserole and Wine Pairings from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Candied Bacon Bourbon Bloody Mary from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut & Pretzel Bark from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Cherry Almond Blondies from Mess Makes Food
- Apricot Fizz from Magnolia Days
- Celebration Mimosas from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Dark Chocolate Cake Doughnuts from What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Cronuts from No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Spiced Cranberry Apple Crisp from Neighborfood
- Blood Orange Mimosas from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post contains an Amazon affiliate link.
Michiana-based food, drink, and travel writer with a fondness for garlic, freshly baked bread, stinky cheese, single malt Scotch, and Mexican food—who believes that immersing herself in different cultures one bite at a time is the best path to enlightenment.