by Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez / Sunday, March 10, 2013
Eek! Saying it out loud makes it real. But I don't get it. Now, it's funny, because Sweet Thang will tell me that he likes salmon (he's a big lover of pretty much any "white" fish). He'll go so far as taking a bite or two of it when I make it. He'll smile and nod his head, eyebrows raised. But two bites is about as far as it ever goes. Apparently he likes it in moderation. So, let me put that another way:
I am the only person in my house who likes salmon in excess. I may even love it. Okay, I do.
They ignored me. Their loss.
I hope you won't ignore me, though. You don't want to miss out on making happy noises. Primal, gutteral happy noises.
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
#SundaySupper crew is very excited to be sharing dishes from Steamy Kitchen's Healthy Asian Favorites this week (plus a few from the Steamy Kitchen blog). Jaden Hair will be joining us for our live twitter chat tonight at 7pm Eastern - we hope you can join us using the #SundaySupper hastag.
Here is the list of #SundaySupper Contributors who will be giving away a copy of Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites Cookbook and the recipes they are sharing:
- Tofu-Mushroom Miso Soup by Supper for a Steal
- Tofu-Mushroom Miso Soup by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tofu-Mushroom Miso Soup by Pescetarian Journal
- Crispy Rice Patties by Juanita's Cocina
- Crispy Rice Patties by Basic N Delicious
- Thai Larb Lettuce Chicken Cups by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Thai Larb Lettuce Chicken Cups by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Thai Larb Lettuce Chicken Cups by Ruffles & Truffles
- Miso Cod by I Run For Wine
- Miso Cod by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Miso Cod by Family Foodie
- Sake Steamed Mussels by Cookistry
- Sake Steamed Mussels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salmon-Honey Teriyaki by girlichef
- Salmon-Honey Teriyaki by Big Bear's Wife
- Korean Beef Bites by Magnolia Days
- Korean Beef Bites by Mama Mommy Mom
- Mapo Tofu by An Appealing Plan
- Mapo Tofu by Hip Foodie Mom
- Mango Brulee by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Mango Brulee by Flour on my Face
- Kung Pao Chicken by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Kickin' Tequila Shrimp by Dandelion Greens
- Pan Fried Shrimp and Pork Fried Potstickers by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Shrimp Curry by Ninja Baking
I'd love to hear about some of your favorite dishes and recipes Steamy Kitchen Blog or Cookbook(s)! Feel free to leave links and/or recipes in the comments. Also, feel free to join us for our live twitter chat tonight at 7pm (Eastern) using the#SundaySupper hashtag, and check out the Sunday Supper board on Pinterest.
for more information on Jaden and Steamy Kitchen: book | facebook | twitter | pinterest
disclosure: I was provided with a copy of Steamy Kitchen's Healthy Asian Favorites for my review. The publisher will be providing and mailing the copy to the winner of the giveaway, as well. This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. All opinions stated in this post are my own.
Michiana-based food, drink, and travel writer with a fondness for garlic, freshly baked bread, stinky cheese, single malt Scotch, and Mexican food—who believes that immersing herself in different cultures one bite at a time is the best path to enlightenment.