How DO I do it?
Well, I'm just that good, of course. Sheesh. Yes, there is that. But there's also my new little helper in the kitchen. the one that gets me through busy weeknights without stress. That would be Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
Oh, and while you're waiting for those few minutes to be up, throw yourself together a big ol' salad to go along with it. Or steam some veggies. Or toast some bread. It's up to you. But in about 15 minutes time, you'll have dinner on the table.
You know, so you can hurry up and eat before you rush out the door. Or eat quickly after rushing in it.
Scampi-Style Shrimp Bruschetta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Keywords: saute appetizer entree lemons shrimp
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 long loaf of Italian bread (~1 lb.)
- 2 oz. (2 squares) Savory Butter & Olive Oil Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, melted (optional)
- 5 oz. (5 squares) Garlic & Herb Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 fat cloves garlic, minced
- ~1 lb. large (16-20) shrimp, peeled & deveined & butterflied
- ½ c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- crushed red chile flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instructionsgrilling the bread:
Slice bread into 16 (~½-inch) slices. Heat a grill or grill pan until hot. Brush both sides of each piece of bread with a light coat of the melted Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, if using - you can also toast them "dry", if you like. Set on hot grates until toasted and grill-marked, flip and repeat. Set ~4 slices of bread per person in a shallow bowl or deep plate, leaving space in the center to pool the scampi juices.
Heat Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add lemon juice, butter, red chile flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper; sauté until reduced by half. Add shrimp and continue to sauté until the shrimp just turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and toss in parsley.
Divide the shrimp over the prepared bruschetta and divide the sauce evenly amongst the bowls. Grate some fresh Parmesan over the top, if you wish and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Eat the shrimp atop the bruschetta, but don't forget to sop up all of the delicious juices, as well.
Make this a meal by serving it alongside a big, green salad that has tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and whatever other veggies you choose in it.
Powered by Recipage
#WeekdaySupper recipes featuring Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, check out this week's tasty line up:
- Monday: girlichef - Scampi-Style Shrimp Bruschetta
- Tuesday: Little Red Kitchen - Chicken Piccata
- Wednesday: Supper For A Steal - Individual Shrimp Caesar Salad Pizzas
- Thursday: Messy Baker Blog - Honey Orange Glazed Ahi Tuna
- Friday: Mom's Test Kitchen - Garlic Chicken & Corn Salsa Tacos
for more on Land O Lakes®: Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.