At one point I had three different boxes in my hand. I also love the fact that they come in boxes that you have to open to get to the fun wrapper inside. I peel that crinkling wrapping back with all the care of Charlie Bucket, I tell you.
I wound up putting them all back. I was like "this is crazy". Or maybe something more ghetto like "yo, bleep this bleep. I'm out." Oh yeah. I'm as ghetto as they come. I could not decide. And I wasn't going to drop a minimum of $7.50 on chocolate bars.
This has been my idea of dessert and sweets lately. I've been steering clear of cakes and brownies and cookies and pies. And indulging in scrumdiddlyumptious
Along the same lines of scrummy chocolate studded with goodies are goodies bathed in scrummy chocolate. Like these plump little nuggets of sunshine. They go swimming in a pool of lightly sweet dark chocolate. Then they take a roll in salty shards of nuttiness. As far as desserts go, I consider them virtuous.
What about you? Virtuous or not really...
Dark Chocolate-Dipped Apricots
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: less than 5 minutes
Keywords: snack dessert vegetarian soy-free apricots chocolate nuts
Ingredients (3 dozen)
- ½ c. dark or bittersweet chocolate chips (or equivalent chopped chocolate)
- 36 dried apricots
- ~¼ c. finely chopped SALTED pistachios
Line a baking tray with wax paper (or parchment).
Place the chocolate in a small glass bowl and microwave for about a minute. Stir with a heat-proof spatula. If not melted all the way, heat in 15 second intervals until smooth.
Dip the apricot (halfway to three-quarters of the way) into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle or gently dip one side into the chopped pistachios, then set on wax paper, nut side down; sprinkle pistachios on top. Repeat with all of the apricots.
If you like, slide the tray into the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so - the chocolate will harden quickly this way.
Once the chocolate has set, these can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you want a thicker coating of chocolate, slide into the fridge after the first dip (leaving off the nuts). Once hardened, dip into the chocolate another time and then finish as written. And yes, you will probably need more chocolate than listed if you do this.
Powered by Recipage
Oh, and post script - if you like these, you'll probably also like Alyssa's Chocolate Covered Apricots w/ Crushed Almonds. I know I want some hanging out side-by-side with these little bites. They'd be besties.
Sunithi of Sue's Nutrition Buzz, and everybody's brought some fabulous things to the table this week!
Sizzling Skinny Appetizers & Soups
- Napa Cabbage wrapped Chinese Spring Rolls by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- #DairyFree Cream of Broccoli Soup by Galactosemia in PDX
- Easy Vegan Lentil Soup by NeighborFood
- Spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Tomato Basil Soup by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Skinny Beef Chili by Webicurean
- Chicken with Herb Tomatoes and Pan Sauce by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Kale Salad with Pomegranates, Apples and Walnuts by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Salad Wraps by MamaMommyMom
- Mashed Cauliflower by Supper for a Steal
- Lamb Florentine Burger with Tzatziki by Country Girl in the Village
- Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps by The Daily Dish Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad by Family Foodie
- Parchment-Poached Salmon by Simply Gourmet
- Maddy’s Arugula Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Light chicken enchiladas by My Cute Bride
- Pear Almond Arugula Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pasta Primavera by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cauliflower Fried Rice by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ahi Tuna Salad by The Urban Mrs
- Soba Noodles with Edamame and Green Onions by Hip Foodie Mom
- Scallops Hong Kong Style by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Polynesian Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Herb Roasted Salmon with Steamed Cabbage & Peas by The Lovely Pantry
- Turkey and Black Bean Taco Burgers by In The Kitchen With K P
- Salmon Tikka Wraps with Cucumber Raita by Soni’s Food
- Whole wheat pasta with Spicy Roasted Cauliflower by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs by I Run For Wine
- Chipotle Black Bean Burgers with Baked Garlic Home Fries by Curious Cuisiniere
- The Ninja Baker’s Sake & Miso Salmon by Ninja Baking
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers with Parsnip Fries by Gourmet Drizzles
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Smoked Sausage Cassoulet by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots by Mangoes and Chutney
- Italian Sub Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Swiss Chard and Quinoa Croquettes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Broccoli Patties with Arugula and Champagne Vinaigrette by Sustainable Dad
- Raw Kale Salad with Chickpeas and Salmon in Orange Dressing by Shockingly Delicious
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Sandwich by Damn Delicious
- Confetti Cabbage and Salmon Wraps by The Roxx Box
- Escarole and Beans by Midlife Roadtrip
- Cajun Black Beans by Ruffles and Truffles
- Caprese salad by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Skinny Wholegrain Fettuccine Alfredo with Greek Yogurt & Coconut Oil by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Avocado Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Tiramisu Parfaits by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sugar Free Banana Almond Muffins by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coconut Cinnamon Buns by Juanita’s Cocina
- Warm Apple Crumble by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Dark Chocolate-Dipped Apricots by girlichef
- Homemade Protein Bar Recipe by Masala Herb
- Skinny Chocolate Almond Pudding by Basic N Delicious
So tell me about some of your favorite "skinny" (or skinnified/healthy/healthier) recipe options. Feel free to leave links and/or recipes in the comments. Also, feel free to join us for our live twitter chat tonight at 7pm (Eastern) using the#SundaySupper hashtag, and check out the Sunday Supper board on Pinterest. If you're interested in joining the Sunday Supper Movement, simply click here for more info.