by Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez / Tuesday, December 4, 2012
And personally? What I think gives it that little-something-extra? The type of white chocolate that you use. I don't like just any white chocolate (yes, I know that white chocolate isn't actually chocolate, but I'm still going to call it that with the understanding that we can all just accept it)... so many taste artificial. But if I'm purchasing locally, I have a choice of store-brand, the brand that starts with an 'N', the brand that starts with an 'H', and Ghirardelli. Ghirardelli is miles above the rest. For reals.
So, if you're looking for a creamy, peppermint-laced, white fudge to add to your holiday tray this year, I recommend this one.
- 17 oz. (3 c.) best quality white chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli)
- 2 oz. (½stick / ¼ c.) unsalted butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp. pure peppermint extract
- tiny pinch sea salt
- 5 regular-size peppermint candy canes
Welcome to day #2 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina. Today’s theme for Christmas Week is “Peppermint Surprise”. Make sure you visit all the participating bloggers today to see what special dish they whipped up for you.
- Peppermint Marshmallows from Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Candy Cane Blossoms from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy Cane Cocoa in a Jar from Anuradha of Baker Street
- Peppermint Brownie Trifle from Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Candy Cane Mocha from Isabelle of Crumb
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- White Chocolate Peppermint Covered Pretzels from Erin of Spiffy Cookie
- Candy Cane Milkshake from Ramona of Curry and Comfort
- Peppermint Fudge from Heather of girlichef
- Minty Brownie Bites from Cathy of The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Candy Cane Oreo Cheesecake Cookies from Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious
Michiana-based food, drink, and travel writer with a fondness for garlic, freshly baked bread, stinky cheese, single malt Scotch, and Mexican food—who believes that immersing herself in different cultures one bite at a time is the best path to enlightenment.