by Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez / Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Buttery Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls
They were touted everything from "awesome", to "the best", to "mmmmm". And then I was told I should have made two batches. Also, they must be on the menu every year from here on out.
See. I know what they like.
- ⅔ c. lukewarm water (100°-110° F)
- ½ c. lukewarm milk
- 2 oz. (56 g / 4 Tbs. / ½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. fine sea salt
- ¾ oz. (21 g) instant potato flakes
- ¾ oz. (21 g) nonfat dry milk
- 14¾ oz. (417 g) bread flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 7 g (~2¼ tsp.) instant yeast
- ~2 oz. (56 g / 4 Tbs. / ½ stick) salted butter, melted
Michiana-based food, drink, and travel writer with a fondness for garlic, freshly baked bread, stinky cheese, single malt Scotch, and Mexican food—who believes that immersing herself in different cultures one bite at a time is the best path to enlightenment.