by Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez / Sunday, August 12, 2012
Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Back to school can mean anything from nourishing breakfasts to packed lunches to simple weeknight meals. And OF COURSE it can mean treats. I've mentioned before that I'm a goes-waaaaay-back Peanut Butter Cup lover. So, any excuse for chocolate and peanut butter to find their way together and subsequently into my mouth...I'm taking it. Fortunately (or not...since that means less for me), the whole fam is the same way.
- 6 Tbs. (3 oz. / ¾ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1¼ c. powdered sugar
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter
- ¼ c. graham cracker crumbs
- 12 oz. (2 c.) milk chocolate chips (or semisweet or a mix)
Michiana-based food, drink, and travel writer with a fondness for garlic, freshly baked bread, stinky cheese, single malt Scotch, and Mexican food—who believes that immersing herself in different cultures one bite at a time is the best path to enlightenment.